Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: muhammed cartoons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    muhammed cartoons

    I was just wondering what people on here thought about that whole deal. Do you respect the freedom of expression? Or did they go too far?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    lots of cartoons here about God
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    Don't want to say anything about Muhammed. Don't want a jihad rolling up on my front porch.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    Well I see both sides of it. The freedom of press and expression is fine but people should be responsible when they apply these freedoms. I think the Muslims who are rioting and such are being very hypocritical in that they often express their views in ways that are very offensive to others...especially Americans and Jews.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Union_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    These mooslims are a bunch of nut jobs. They are the most intolerate people on the face of the earth. I remember when that movie the Last Temptation of Christ came out. It po'd alot of Christians, but they didnt start burning down stuff. I have sat down at the table and ate with mooslims before, and I can say that not all of them are crazy nut jobs. However, its pretty easy to tell that the only thing the mooslim world has contributed to humanity in the past 300 years is sliting throats and pumping oil. I would rather follow a carpenter who was talking peace rather than some camel humper talking that jihad BS!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    I saw a article that Iran is drawing cartoons of the Holocaust. I know that the cartoons of Muhammed with a bomb in his turban or something offended them and I would be upset too if someone drew a picture of God acting like he was closeminded (but not rioting). But drawing cartons of the Holocaust is no better.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    Thats why its hypocritical for them to be offended...many of Islamist's newpaper depictions of Israel and Jews are extremely negative and offensive not only in a racial way but also in a religious way in which they often depict the star of David which is a Jewish religious symbol. Heck I'm offended by all those idiots burning the American Flag on a daily basis but like has already been said I'm not going to go torch one of their Embassy's. Its ridiculous and its just a continuing chapter in a great # of Muslim's desire to create this Islamic Jihad. They will take advantage of every opportunity they have and they believe they will win. If you are not a Muslim then you will ultimately be an enemy. I know I'm not the first one to say it but I think it will only get worse to the point that something has to be done by opposing nations militarily. I'm sure thats what they want anyway. I think it is a sign of the times and I'm pretty sure the Bible foretells of this coming to fruition. They will accept nothing short of Islamic Jihad and everything they are doing(terrorism, riots, etc..) are calculated moves for that ultimate goal...this will eventually force all non-Muslim nations, more particularly majority Christian nations(Europe, North America, South America) to form very visible military coalition against their efforts. Thats what I see coming anyway.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    Does anyone find it funny that they are basically being made fun of for being violent people, but then they turn to violence to protest what they are being made fun of in the first place? I read where they threaten not to let europeans into Gaza. These people must be out of their [censored] minds, who the hell really wants to go to Gaza. I feel(and Im all for equal rights among religions) that they deserve to get made fun of for just based upon their reaction to the whole event.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    Absolutely...just plain stupid.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: muhammed cartoons

    It seems they are very dillusional. Some newsgroup in Iran is having a art contest to submit the best art making fun of the holocaust. Only thing is, how can they make fun of something that never existed. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •